Angular Cheilitis is mainly a skin disease provoked by the excessive moisture present in the crests, folds or wrinkles around the lips, especially from the corners of the mouth. This moisture digs into the skin causing cracks and lesions which later on become infected and form pus. From here on is just a vicious circle, in which the infection expands causing skin to crack even more, while these cracks provide more space for the infection to grow and develop faster.
When having to deal with such a condition most people rush into the dermatologist’s offices waiting for a treatment that will simply clear the entire area and leave the skin clean in just a matter of days. What they receive instead is a lotion or a cream based on antibiotic substances. This treatment should kill the bacteria and thus, leave the skin clean so as to start recovering from the damage. It is a slow process which in most cases, even if it does function bring too little relief for the desperate people.
This is mainly because the bacteria are quite smart organisms, smarter than you may have thought. Thus, when an antibiotic is used in order to destroy them, some of them die while other become much stronger and can no longer be defeated by the same antibiotic or by a substance similar to it. This is why, even though you find a powerful antibiotic which will provide relief the first time when Angular Cheilitis appears, the same treatment will be useless when the disease makes its appearance its second time. As you well know, in most cases this condition does appear a second time, so basically with antibiotics you can only have half of the problem solved or in other worlds postpone the search for an effective treatment a little longer.
Thus, if your dermatologist has prescribed you any antibiotics you can take them and hope for the best. If it is your first time taking them, they may actually work, but if you are at a second attempt, it is advisable to look for something more powerful or try some of the alternative or complementary treatments. You will be amazed to see how many effective treatments you can find outside the dermatologist’s office!
visit: “Angular Cheilitis Free Forever™”
- A Balanced Diet Can Help You Defeat Angular Cheilitis Much Faster
- Angular Cheilitis – Definition, Causes and Treatment
- Angular Cheilitis – A Condition that Can Seriously Affect Your Body
- Angular Cheilitis – A Sign of Alarm that Your Body Lacks Vitamins
- Avoid Humid and Cold Places when You Suffer from Angular Cheilitis
- Can Tea Tree Oil Treat Angular Cheilitis?
- Categories of People Prone to Angular Cheilitis
- Do Not Pick At Your Sores When You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Don’t Lick Your Lips when You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Find Relief for Angular Cheilitis Using These Homemade Solutions
- Foods Which Can Limit the Occurrence of Angular Cheilitis
- How to Treat Angular Cheilitis Effectively
- Minor Issues which Aggravate Angular Cheilitis
- Most Common Causes of Angular Cheilitis and How Can It Be Avoided
- Prevent Angular Cheilitis by Following These Simple Steps
- Substances Used for Alleviating and Treating Angular Cheilitis
- Treating Baby Angular Cheilitis
- Tips to Dry Out Angular Cheilitis
- Why It Is Important to Address Angular Cheilitis from the First Signs
- Why Regular Medication with Antibiotics Does Not Work for Angular Cheilitis