It is well known that babies are much more sensitive than adults and that for them facing a certain disease or illness is far harder than it is for adult people. This is why they must receive special attention when one or another condition affects skin. Angular Cheilitis is one of those skin conditions which can be quite harsh on babies. It usually appears in the corners of their mouths, as these areas are almost always wet, thus favoring the development and growth of fungi and bacteria. The most affected categories of babies are those who are given the pacifier on a regular basis, as they will always have saliva on the corners of their mouth.
In addition to that, babies’ immune system is quite underdeveloped, so fighting bacteria can become a real challenge for it, a challenge which is usually lost by the baby as their immune system is not yet strong enough to effectively fight bacteria. This makes them prone to Angular Cheilitis.
But what should you do when this type of skin condition affects your little baby? Well, it is recommended that you take action from the first cracks that appear on the skin, regardless of how small they are. The faster you start treating them the greater are the chances that they will not suffer a lot from it. Purchase a skin moisturizer specially created for babies and apply a low amount of it periodically, so that your baby will not lick the affected areas. This will also hydrate the skin and prevent further cracking. In addition to that the cream will trap the bacteria inside, thus killing them. It is even better if you can find a cream containing antibiotics that is suitable for your baby. This will prevent the infection and will stop the skin condition from its evolution.
In addition to that, maintain a thorough hygiene inside the house and disinfect all the things your little one touches. Also, wash them and their clothes with antibacterial soap. Last, but not least, avoid giving them the pacifier, at least while they still have the cracks on their skin. If you cannot make them give up this habit make sure you always wipe the saliva from the corners of the mouth to prevent the aggravation of the cheilosis.
visit: “Angular Cheilitis Free Forever™”
- A Balanced Diet Can Help You Defeat Angular Cheilitis Much Faster
- Angular Cheilitis – Definition, Causes and Treatment
- Angular Cheilitis – A Condition that Can Seriously Affect Your Body
- Angular Cheilitis – A Sign of Alarm that Your Body Lacks Vitamins
- Avoid Humid and Cold Places when You Suffer from Angular Cheilitis
- Can Tea Tree Oil Treat Angular Cheilitis?
- Categories of People Prone to Angular Cheilitis
- Do Not Pick At Your Sores When You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Don’t Lick Your Lips when You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Find Relief for Angular Cheilitis Using These Homemade Solutions
- Foods Which Can Limit the Occurrence of Angular Cheilitis
- How to Treat Angular Cheilitis Effectively
- Minor Issues which Aggravate Angular Cheilitis
- Most Common Causes of Angular Cheilitis and How Can It Be Avoided
- Prevent Angular Cheilitis by Following These Simple Steps
- Substances Used for Alleviating and Treating Angular Cheilitis
- Treating Baby Angular Cheilitis
- Tips to Dry Out Angular Cheilitis
- Why It Is Important to Address Angular Cheilitis from the First Signs
- Why Regular Medication with Antibiotics Does Not Work for Angular Cheilitis