Angular Cheilitis is probably one of the worst conditions which can affect your skin as it provokes deep cracks in the skin, provoking sores which may eventually start to bleed. There are cases in which the patient finds it hard to perform its normal activities like eating or speaking. Because this condition develops quite fast and it can become rather severe in a short period of time it is necessary to start a treatment right from the first signs. Yet, in order for the treatment to be highly effective, you have to stay away from the factors which have caused this condition or from those which may further aggravate it.
Among those factors which can make this condition worse we should name the bad dietary habits which should be replaced with proper nutrition and also some vitamin supplements; the existence of folds around the mouth, which favors the accumulation of moisture (most often are caused by bad dentition or dentures that do not fit well) and an improper oral hygiene.
It is also important to avoid cold places when you suffer from Angular Cheilitis. This is mainly because the cold weather increases the sensation of chapped lips. People’s tendency when having chapped lips is to lick them to alleviate the pain and moisturize them. However, this is a false sensation as the more you lick your lips the more damage you cause them. The saliva is not a good moisturizer and when it evaporates it further dries your skin, aggravating your condition. In addition to that the saliva contains bacteria so you grow the number of bacteria from the area affected by Angular Cheilitis each time you lick your lips.
Humid places should also be avoided, as in these places the bacteria develop much faster, thus the risk of infections is even bigger. Instead you should stay in dry places and moisturize the skin using lip balms, ointments and creams which will trap the bacteria in between, thus killing them.
If you want to treat Angular Cheilitis faster, then you should stay away from humid places and cold ones. If this means that you will spend most of your time indoors, then you should do so. Exposing yourself to such harsh environments will only make the condition worse and your nightmare even longer and probably more painful!
visit: “Angular Cheilitis Free Forever™”
- A Balanced Diet Can Help You Defeat Angular Cheilitis Much Faster
- Angular Cheilitis – Definition, Causes and Treatment
- Angular Cheilitis – A Condition that Can Seriously Affect Your Body
- Angular Cheilitis – A Sign of Alarm that Your Body Lacks Vitamins
- Avoid Humid and Cold Places when You Suffer from Angular Cheilitis
- Can Tea Tree Oil Treat Angular Cheilitis?
- Categories of People Prone to Angular Cheilitis
- Do Not Pick At Your Sores When You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Don’t Lick Your Lips when You Have Angular Cheilitis
- Find Relief for Angular Cheilitis Using These Homemade Solutions
- Foods Which Can Limit the Occurrence of Angular Cheilitis
- How to Treat Angular Cheilitis Effectively
- Minor Issues which Aggravate Angular Cheilitis
- Most Common Causes of Angular Cheilitis and How Can It Be Avoided
- Prevent Angular Cheilitis by Following These Simple Steps
- Substances Used for Alleviating and Treating Angular Cheilitis
- Treating Baby Angular Cheilitis
- Tips to Dry Out Angular Cheilitis
- Why It Is Important to Address Angular Cheilitis from the First Signs
- Why Regular Medication with Antibiotics Does Not Work for Angular Cheilitis